Sally Lunn Loaf

Most Sundays you’ll find me in the garden with Cuppa, my dogs and cookery books. This August Bank holiday weekend was no different, although it was a little cooler.

My latest book from the National Trust “Book of Bread” has some of my favourite recipes including a “Sally Lunn“. The story goes that the Sally Lunn was a French Huguenot who set up a bakery in Bath. Her signature sweet bread was named after her.  She turned a simple white loaf into a sweet bread by using milk and dried fruit, I include cherries in mine and topped with water icing. I’ve even topped them with sprinkles.

Here’s a few images of my Sally Lunn bakes I made during the summertime. 





Sally Lunn Recipe 
Ingredients 
450g strong bread flour 
7g dried yeast
50g butter
2 eggs
200g full fat milk
5g of salt & sugar
200g dried fruit

Method
Melt butter add Milk,sugar, yeast, beaten eggs
In a separate bowl sift flour with salt pour in the mixture (Above) add dried fruit and mix well.
Knead the dough gently.
You can divide the dough into 2 or smaller.
Cover with plastic bag and prove for 45 minutes until risen
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes 
After they have cooled ice.




Comments